How does OPB pick their Guest Speaker?
Have you ever been given the task of choosing the guest speaker for an event? If the answer is yes, then you may identify with the stages the OPB team went through to pick the perfect speaker for OPB 2018!
Marg Booth, the Director of Great Expectation Speaker and Trainers, who organises the Office Professionals Breakfast has over 15 years’ experience in the industry, so all eyes were on Marg to pick the OPB Speaker for 2018 (no pressure!!!). At OPB 2017, we WOWed our guests with Nelson Mandela’s PA, Zelda La Grange as the Guest Speaker, and we knew we did not have an easy task at hand this year. We sat down as a team and talked about how we could possibly top last year’s event, and started to conjure up ideas together.
We finally compiled a list of our favourite ‘TOP 5’ speakers but we were still searching for something different. We asked ourselves: “What do our attendees want?”, “Who would our audience identify with?”, “Who has a truly amazing story?” etc.
The LIGHT-BULB Moment
Light-Bulb moments can happen few and far between, but when they do, they are AWESOME! To be honest, we completely scrapped our original list as we knew we had found our Guest Speaker with Samuel Johnson. As mentioned, Marg has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to speakers and the team knew that she would knock it out of the ballpark again!
Guest Speaker Locked in – now for our MC and Entertainment
OPB is not just ALL about the speaker; we wanted to ensure our guests would be entertained throughout the entire breakfast. Last year, we were mesmerised by Those Tap Guys and entertained by our MC, Ed Phillips. This year we decided on something totally different – Brad Blaze, the amazing speed painter, and the wonderful Leigh Muirhead as our professional MC.
- From Oprah's Former Chief of Staff to Speaker and Life Coach: Meet Libby Moore (Part 2)
- From Oprah's Former Chief of Staff to Speaker and Life Coach: Meet Libby Moore (Part 1)
- Our MC for OPB 2019 is... Chris Parsons
- A Day in the Life of Oprah’s PA ...Part Three
- A Day in the Life of Oprah’s PA ...Part Two
- Bubbles and Beauties 2018
- Suited to Success Charity Partner
- A Day in the Life of Oprah’s PA
- Connect with your Target Market
- What to Expect at OPB 2019